Tuesday, December 29, 2009

**Amazon Book Sales

Just browsing Amazon and noticing lots of books on clearance. Of particular interest to me were the Curious George books for around $2. Curious George Up, Up, and Away is $1.72 and Curious George: Cecily G. and the Nine Monkeys is $2.25. Also saw that Peter Rabbit Easter Egg Hunt (Potter) (Board book) is only $1.59. Winnie The Pooh Tells Time is $2.63.

As far as the Adult books go, I just want to throw this one out there. A few months ago for my book club we read a book that I loved. I do not know if many of you have read it, but I highly recommend it, and wouldn't you know it? It is on sale at Amazon right now! The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (Random House Reader's Circle) by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows (Paperback - May 5, 2009) is currently listed at $7 (new)!!! Great deal.

If you have not read this months book, it is not too late (and FYI, I was quite intrigued by it). Just as another FYI, here are the current Amazon prices for the next few month's books (new, not used):

December: Nightfall (Bantam Spectra Book) by Isaac Asimov and Robert Silverberg $7.99

January: The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents by Terry Pratchett $6.99

February: The Siren by Kiera Cass $11.53

March: The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman $7.50

April: Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card $6.99

May: Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia by Elizabeth Gilbert $9.47

Now, if you have Amazon Prime, which I have on a trial that is about to expire :( you can get those prices with free shipping. Many of the books can be bought used for less, but you have to pay shipping. I have never seen Eat Pray Live or The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society so cheap, and those are both books I highly recommend! In fact I checked both of them out of the library to read for book clubs and loved them so much that I bought them for my collection (I paid much more than these prices).

Of course the frugal way to get these is to check them out from your local library, but I wanted to share these prices in case you are planning to purchase any of these books. In fact if you are purchasing any books, I recommend browsing Amazon to see if what you want is on their current clearance!

0 comments: