Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thrifty Thursday: Frugal parents date night tip + Reader request..

Well, I am a bit stumped today as to what I can say for Thrifty Thursday, so I am asking for reader input. Please share your favorite thrifty/frugal tip about ANYTHING in a comment, on the facebook wall or email it to me and I will share it (beckeesdeals@gmail.com).

I guess I will share my favorite frugal tip for parents...one of the best things my husband and I ever did was to make babysitting exchanges with our friends during medical school. We took turns watching each other's kids for date nights (since NONE of us had ANY money) and often the date nights without your kids would just consist of a dinner and movie at home ALONE with your spouse/significant other and that was a GREAT, cheap (FREE) date night/time out for the grown ups. (Check out my husband and I in the picture above without any kids...a rare picture!)

Photobucket

0 comments: