Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thrifty Thursday: Updated Kids eat free/cheap list!!!

My frustration with very outdated Kids Eat Free/cheap lists has led me to update my own list on here. We have a NUMBER of times lately gone to a listed "kids night" only to learn that the restaurant has not had that for "ages".
All the ones I am listing are ones that I (or one of my friends) have tried recently or that have the deal listed on their website (I am linking to those sites). Basically I am saying these are ones that I know are currently accurate as of this post. That being said, not all locations of restaurants always run the same promotions, so I would call your local restaurant and double check to make sure they 1-have a kids noght as listed, and 2-that it is in fact the day/time you want to go. (My warning is that because restaurants do change their promotions, including kids nights, often. So, this list will likely change as time goes by. I will try to update it though)

Kids eat free:
  • Hyvee: Eat FREE on Thursdays with an adult meal purchase at any of the following eating locations in the store: Italian, Chinese Express, Kitchen. Dine in only. (one kids meal per adult meal purchased)
  • China Buffet: Tuesday kids eat free with adult meal purchase
  • Denny's: Night Varies by location 4-10 pm (I have not used this one since August, but it is listed on their website as available at different nights depending on location-you will wnat to call your local location to see what night they do)
  • Lone Star: Tuesday all day up to 2 free kids meals per adult meal purchase.
  • Spaghetti Works: Monday up to 2 free kids meals per adult meal purchased
  • Pepperjax Grill: Wednesday night 2 free kids meals per adult meal purchased (5-8pm)
  • Grisanti's Italian: Monday night
  • La Mesa: Thursday night One free kids meal per adult meal purchased. I know this is good at the location on 156th and Q but I do not know about the other locations.
  • Pizza Ranch: Tuesday looks like one kid per adult meal purchase
  • Texas Roadhouse: Mondays 4-10PM one kid eats free with purchase of each adult meal
  • ***NOTE-I hesitantly include this one because we have REPEATEDLY had TERRIBLE service at the Texas Roadhouse in West Omaha and we will NOT eat there again even with good food and Free kids night. However, a friend noted that her family enjoys the one in PAPILLION! So I include this deal with a warning about the West Omaha location (and FYI-when I wrote to them about the issues we have had over and over, they did not reply or care at all. That is why we don't eat there anymore!)***
  • Chick Fil A: Wednesday nights One free kids meal per adult combo meal (A friend told me that this is good in Utah locations on Wednesday. I do not know if our new Chick fil A in Omaha has a kids night or not).
  • HuHot: Night Varies by location Note that Kids 3 and under are FREE always, but in addition to that, MANY HuHot locations have a Kids night where kids under 11 eat free with adult meal purcahse. (Sadly Omaha doesn't anymore) Click on the restaurant name to see if your local HuHot has a kids night, and which night it is!
  • O'Charley's: Day Varies by location 2 kids free per adult meal (This one is not in Nebraska but in lots of other states East of us!)
Kids eat cheap:
  • Applebees: Tuesday and Thursday Kids eat for $.99 (one child per adult meal purchased)
  • Fazoli's: Tuesday nights 5-8pm Kids eat for $.99.
  • Buffalo Wild Wings Grill and Bar: Monday Kids eat for $.99 with adult meal purchase
And because my husband and I are often looking for a place on a particular night, here is the day to day places (* denotes that is is NOT free, but is discounted):

Monday: Spaghetti Works, Grisanti's Italian, Texas Roadhouse, Buffalo Wild Wings*
Tuesday: China Buffet, Lone Star, Pizza Ranch, Applebees*, Fazolis*
Wednesday: PepperJax Grill, Chick Fil A in Utah,
Thursday: Hyvee, La Mesa, Applebees*
Varries by location: Denny's, Chick Fil A, HuHot, O'Charley's

If you have any other great kids free or discounted deals to add to the list, please comment with them after this post! Thanks and happy eating out! :)

Photobucket

0 comments: