Sunday, September 1, 2013

I see Treasure: Estate Sale Sundays

OK-So, I just discovered Estate Sales! Oh.My.Gosh. LOVE! I am also obsessed with Storage Wars and Storage Wars: Texas. And just like Mary, "I see Treasure!" She sees treasure in Storage Units, I see treasure in Estate Sales. 
The first estate sale I went to a couple weeks ago was done by Smith Estate Sales and was in Moclips, WA. According to their website, it was the home of these people:
If you look at the website, it tells you a little about the people that owned the estate. This is what it says about this couple: 
GEORGE AND LORENE OSBORN BUILT THE HOUSE IN 1941 THEY LIVED THERE ALLL THERE LIVES. SOME OF THE TOOLS BEING SOLD CAN BE SEEN IN THERE OLD PHOTO ALBUMS. THEY HUNTED, FISHED, CLAM DUG, HAD A GARDEN AND LIVED A GOOD LONG LIFE. GEORGE ALSO WORKED AT THE ALOHA LUMBER MILL IN ALOHA WA "ON THE POND"
I loved some of the fantastic items in their home and we bought some awesome tchotchke's (I learned how to spell that just now-thanks Google). But the item I found that is the biggest treasure as far as I am concerned is this:

A recipe box, full of handwritten recipes! EEK! How can those get lost in the shuffle?! I cannot let that just fade into the years, so I spent the best $1 I have ever spent, and bought the box. And now I am going to try to cook my way through the recipes in it! 
I will continue to look for these little treasure boxes and cooking my way through the recipes. Look out later today for my first recipe from the box of Mrs Lorene Osborn!
Photobucket


0 comments: