Friday, January 1, 2010

**Buy DVD's for CHEAP at Hollywood Video! (& Wes's shopping trip)

One thing I love about my husband is that he loves a deal as much as I do. In fact, many people think he may be the cheapest man in the world. He really won't buy stuff unless he feels it is a great deal! Well, yesterday was one of those days where I was trying to get New Year's foods and games ready, and I just forget to get a whole list of things I needed for the day. I called him at work and gave him the list of what I wanted him to get: videos, Soy Milk (one of our kids is lactose intolerant so we have to buy this expensive stuff for her to get her calcium and stuff), 4-5 2 Liters of Diet Coke, Potatoes, Oranges and Tampons. Well, my "cheap" husband usually will not shop at my preferred store as Walmart tends to be cheaper overall. But, last evening, Walmart was a mess, so he decided to go check out my HyVee. He was pleasantly surprised to find a few great deals there and ended up getting not just the items I send him for but also 3 bags of clearance chocolates for us and his total for everything came in under $30. Imagine if he had the coupons with him...

While he was out, he also stopped at our local Hollywood Video to rent some movies (again-unusual as we tend to go for the $1 Red Box). While there, he was AMAZED to see the deals for the movies they were selling. New releases & Disney DVDs for $3.99, Video Games for $9.99, and older movies for even less. So, I ventured into the online world this morning to see if they had an online store, and they do-with videos as low as $2.50 each (When you buy 8). Their clearance movies even include free shipping! There are some great deals where you can buy movies for the same or less than you can rent them (from Hollywood Video). So, stop by your local Hollywood Video (search for locations near you here) or check out there website and see if you can score a great deal!

0 comments: