Thursday, March 25, 2010

**YEAH! I love getting deals...aka I stopped at Hyvee and look what I got...

Never undersetimate the power of those peelie coupons in helping you get a deal! Today I left my coupons at home and ran over to the school for a PTO meeting. Hyvee is between school and home, so in spite of having no coupons with me, I decided to stop in and get some sodas as I had noticed that Pepsi products are 4/$11 (with in-ad coupon. I just picked up an ad at the entrance). So, I picked up my ad, reviewed it and remembered the things I was going to price match there from Hyvee, then decided to just pick up those items there. Any way to make an already too long story a bit shorter, when I went to get my Top Ramen (in ad coupon makes then 10/$1), I noticed the motherload of deals. The Campbells chunky beef vegetable and chunky noodle soups were on sale for $0.89 and they had peelie coupons for $0.75 off each...yeah that's right, they were $.14 each. I bought 14 of them (I left some for the rest of you). Frosted Flakes were on sale for $1.88 and they had peelie coupons for $1 off each, so I got a couple of those as well! All in all, the pictured items above only cost me $26.59. Since the soda cost $11 that means everything else was only $15.59 Here is the breakdown of what it all cost:

7 Campbell's Chunky Noodle soups: $.14 each ($.89-$.75)
7 Campbell's Beef Vegetable soups: $.14 each ($.89-$.75)
HyVee chips: 2 bags @ $1 each, 1 bag @ 1.88 (that one rang in wrong and I just noticed it-should have also been $1...dang!)
HyVee Cookies: $2.28
2 Kellogg's Frosted Flakes $.88 each ($1.88-$1)
2 Hyvee apple cider $1.48 each
10 Ramen noodles $1 total
2-5 lb bags of potatoes $.88 each
4-12 packs of Pepsi products $11 total (making each $2.75! I cheer if I get down to $3 lately)


Photobucket

0 comments: