Friday, April 30, 2010

Remember: Free comic book day tommorow!

I have heard about free comic book day, and a friend asked me the other day why I had not posted about it on my blog and the truth is that I did not really know who around town was participating in it or what to tell you about it. Luckily I am a dedicated Omaha World Herald subscriber and reader and today they had a small article about it in the Midlands section, as well as an ad from Krypton Comics about it in the "Go" section.

So here is the 411. The first Saturday in May of each year, comic book stores across North America (and evidently all around the world) give away comic books for FREE to anyone that comes into their store. That is THIS SATURDAY May 1!! Wowsa!

There is a website, reecomicbookday.com all about it. Go check that out. There is a store locator on the left side of the sites main page where you can find local shops. FYI-participations and rules can evidently vary from store to store. There are 6 shops in the Omaha area participating, so one is bound to be near by.

I mentioned that there was an ad in the Omaha World Herald for Krypton Comics, and I wanted to specifically talk about them because they have some cool stuff going on there in conjunction with their free comic book giveaway. From 10am-6pm Ray Park (aka Darth Maul) will be there! (Autographs are for a fee). Cynthia Martin, who is a local comic book artist will also be there as well as many other local artists. Should be pretty awesome, so you may want to go check that out!

Photobucket

0 comments: