Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Free Books really come sometimes!

I used to post a lot about possible free books from the publishers, but then I read on other blogs that those "Freebies" never come. I did not want to post things that will not come, so I stopped posting.

But I did not give up on them myself. I went back to a couple of the sites and read what they said about them, like Read it Forward through Crown Publishing. I found out that the way it works is that you apply to try to get a free advanced copy of the books they offer. (They happen to offer 3 a month) Then they will randomly select people to get the free advanced copies. Well, there are not a lot of copies, so you are lucky to get one. I love books though so I kept applying/filling out the forms for all 3 books every month since December.

A couple weeks ago I got an email saying I had been randomly selected to receive a book, "Claude and Camille: a Novel of Monet" by Stephanie Cowell. You can read about it here. I could not believe it and dared not post about it until I saw it with my own eyes. Well, friends, look what was delivered to my doorstep yesterday:

Free Books DO come sometimes!!! :)  Thank you Read it Forward, thank you! I cannot wait to begin reading it!

Photobucket

0 comments: