Thursday, July 8, 2010

WOW-I am a lucky girl!

You may have noticed over the past few weeks I have had a bit of a rough go of it-my laptop dies, I put all my pics and files on an external hard drive that dies, our A/C broke, out 2 toilets sprung leaks, my car died, my house is a disaster, my husband is busy with work and studying for boards coming up in September, and I have been sick for over a month now. It has been one thing after another. In an attempt to survive the incredible insanity, I have been trying to look on the bright side and "count my blessings" if you will. So, I wanted to share with you some of the blessings I have right now:

  1. I get to hang out with all 4 of my kids since they are home for the summer!
  2. The weather here in Omaha has been pretty cool this week and looks like it will continue to be for another week.
  3. It got really quite upstairs a few minutes ago. I was scared-what are the 4 angels up to?! Well, 3 were quietly watching Dora without fighting or anything, and my oldest (and worst cleaner) was cleaning her room (without being asked!)!!! WHAT?! NICE!!
  4. Wes just talked to the auto repair shop and not only will our car be fixed TODAY, but it was just a bad battery, so it will not be as much money as I anticipated (We have sunk a lot of money in expensive repairs over the past 5 years with this thing-when we moved to Spokane we had to get an $1800 repair right before leaving, and immediately upon driving into Spokane 4 days later had to get another $2200 repair...it was killer...so I was prepared for that kind of a thing...this is much better)
  5. It looks like we MAY be able to at least recover the data from our external hard drive
  6. The laptop is now getting repaired (for FREE under it's warranty).
  7. I have wonderful friends and family all over! Thanks for being my support even from a distance!


Photobucket

0 comments: