Friday, August 13, 2010

How to price match at Walmart...

I have been asked about the Price matching at Walmart. I have mentioned quite a few times how much I LOVE to price match there as they make it easy and convenient. I will tell you my experiences price matching there and how I do it, but I want to let you know first that you can read Walmart's official Price matching policy on their website here.

Now, it says on there that "Store managers make the final decision in always taking care of our customers, but we do have guidelines for matching our competition". So, there is some discrepancy from store to store with how they price match or what they will match. Here in Omaha, I have never had a problem price matching.

Basically they will match any advertised price from a competitor on a like item. If the item is a generic/store brand, my Walmart will price match that with their generic/store brand of same items (same size and product). When I go shopping, I generally just make a list of what I am getting and what the price match is. So, my list will look something like this (I am making up the deals though-these are not actual sales going on):

Milk: gallon $1.77 @Hyvee
Bread: Sara Lee $.99 @Bag N Save
Crayola Crayons: 24 pack $.19 @ Hyvee
Coke 24 packs: $5.48 @Super Saver

Then I go to the store with my list and get it all and head to the checkout. I ALWAYS let the checker know before he/she starts putting items through that I have a lot of price matches and coupons. As they scan, I just watch my list and give them the matching price on the item before they scan it. It is pretty easy in my store.

However, I have heard stories of people having trouble price matching, so I always have the ads in my bag with me in case they question a price match, I have only had that happen 2 times ever, and all I had to do was show them the ad and the manager had to come over and approve it (the reason this happened both times was because the price difference was so great between the Walmart price and the price match that it flagged in the system.) Since the price match is kind up up to the store manager in the end, it is nice to be able to have the ad there if there is a problem. I would also just as a precaution, print a Walmart price match policy out and bring it with you to show them if necessary.

I have not had any major problems price matching at Walmart just make sure you have the SAME item to match, make a list of your items/price matches to refer to as you check out and shop, and bring in the ads and price match policy in case you do have an issue that needs to be resolved.

I hope this little guide to Walmart price matching was helpful! Let me know if you have any further questions about it by leaving a comment on this post or emailing me at beckeesdeals@gmail.com

Photobucket

0 comments: