Friday, August 13, 2010

Weekend Warrioirs Daycation: Kearney, NE

I was thinking today that I wish I could just go somewhere this weekend and do something different, and as I thought about it, I decided that were I able to do that, I would want to go to Kearney, Nebraska. Those of you familiar with Kearney are probably questioning why. Well, I will tell you why:

  1. We have driven under/by that darn Kearney bridge hundreds of times and have never stopped. SO, I would want to go FINALLY visit the Great Platte River Road Archway.
  2. When we moved to Omaha the first time in 2003, we stopped in Kearney and ate dinner at a place called Skeeter Barnes. It was BBQ food, and it was SOOOO good that I literally still think about it and crave it now (7 years later). 
  3. As I have been looking up all there is in Kearney, I found that there is a lot of fun stuff to do with a family that could fill a daycation! Check out their 2010-2011 Kearney Visitor's Bureau brochure online here.






Photobucket

0 comments: