Monday, January 31, 2011

Annie Chun's Products and Party review part 1

I mentioned on here a few times that I won an Annie Chun's dinner party. I was able to actually have the party with our family while we were in Utah in December. I was quite sick at the party, but it was still such a BLAST!! I want to share with you some of the fun and also give you a little review of the awesome Annie Chun's Products we used/ate.

First let me tell you all the awesome stuff they sent me:

1. A Menu Card with three types of cuisine: Thai, Korean and Chinese. I was able to chose a gourmet Asian meal of my choice for my dinner party-We chose to do Korean and got Annie Chun's Korean Noodle appetizers, made Korean BBQ beef (with Annie Chun's ingredients), and admittedly cheated a little on the Korean theme by also making some Chinese Chow Mein Vegetables.

2.Annie Chun’s products to make all three menu options. (They sent stuff to make all 3 types of cuisine, and I do still have many leftover Annie
Chun’s items!! And I am LOVING them!)

3.One $20.00 check from Annie Chun’s to help in purchasing the remaining required ingredients for the party (I went all out though so it cost me a bit more than this amount, but how nice to have the $20 help!!)

4. One Annie Chun’s product coupon for each guest (We gave one to each family as we had more guests than they expected for the dinner party-we have big families!)

5. A gift of premium wooden chopsticks for each of guest (again-it was each family)

6. One OXO Good Grips silicone extra-large spatula for me – as the hostess/host of your party.

WOW-this was one big box of items that showed up at my house!! I loved it all and could not wait for my party to begin. My husband, Wes and I planned out what we were going to serve, where to have the party and how we were going to make it all happen. We invited just our immediate family members and went to work.

As I mentioned, the day before the party is when I got sick (diagnosed with pneumonia at 26 weeks pregnant) so I was pretty sick, but luckily we had done a lot of planning ahead and I have an amazing husband who took over and became the main host (in spite of his aversion to hosting parties).

It was a blast and out food was amazing! I loved ALL the Annie Chun's products we tried at the party (and have tried since the party). I recommend checking for Annie Chun's products in your local stores and giving them a try! I will buy them in the future for sure. I am going to post some fun party pics and videos in a separate post, but I do want to leave you with these two short videos in case you wondered what other people thought of the food:

Wes and the others loved it as you see!!

And...there you have it...even the kids liked the food!!



Photobucket

0 comments: