Thursday, March 3, 2011

ABCs of Beckees Deals...getting to know the blogger behind the blog.

The last couple weeks, this post as been making it's rounds, and I love it! I love to learn more about bloggers. I enjoyed reading this list on Frugal Fit & Fabulous last week and thought I would answer the same ABC questions on here! Because, like I said, I like to get to know the ladies and gentlemen that write my favorite blogs, and if you are anything like me, I thought you might like getting to know a bit more about me. First-that is me and Salsa pictures above...Now, here we go:

A. Age: 32

B. Bed size: California King. It may be the only piece of furniture we own that was not a hand me down and it is super comfy. Thanks to my mom and dad for giving it to us for our wedding (and to my great Uncle Plato for giving them a deal on it so they could afford it!! He owns a furniture store in SLC).

C. Chore you hate: um..all off them! But I hate vacuuming and toilet cleaning the most.

D. Dogs: allergic, but my grandpa had this yappy chihuahua named Tuba that was mean as could be, but I think back fondly of him now...

E. Essential start to your day: a couple of hits of the snooze button and Wes helping me get the heck out of bed. Seriously-I am the WORST morning person-the worst! (Did I hear some "Amens" from my family members and roommates of the past?!) The kids are lucky I can get up and get them to the bus on time, and they should thank my awesome alarm clock and their very patient daddy that prods his wife awake ever so gently each morning in spite of my terrible attitude!!!

F. Favorite color: Purple, Silver, Black and Red

G. Gold or silver: Depends, but my wedding ring is gold. 

H. Height: 5' 6" inches...and I am SUPER short in my family...my dad is almost 6'7" (I think he claims 6'6" these days, but he is not the tallest in his family.  I have at least 10 cousins, male and female that are over 6') I am the oldest of my siblings, and the shortest (well-maybe Andrea is shorter). Even my 13 year old brother has passed me now.

I. Instruments you play: very little piano and even less violin.

J. Job title: Mommy to 4-almost 5-cute little kiddos, Wife to Dr J, PTO president, blogger, and former high school drama teacher (also taught English, Stage Crew and film studies).

K. Kids: 4 amazing kids and one that will be arriving anytime now.  They all have awesome and unique names, but I have not used them here just to be a bit more safe. We are currently looking for a fantastic unique boy name to use for the baby coming soon!!  The girls are "Salsa" age 8 and "Cat" age 2. The boys are "E Dawg" age 6 (almost 7) and "Army" or more often called "Sugar Pup" age 4. 

L. Live: Currently in Omaha, Nebraska. Born and raised (mostly) in Salt Lake City, Utah. Lived in East Lansing, MI and Aurora, CO as a young teen while my dad was in law school.  Spent a summer in college living in San Diego.  Lived in Omaha for my husband to attend medical school, moved to Spokane, WA for his internship year, and moved BACK to Omaha for his residency. We will be moving to Scottsdale, AZ for a fellowship in about a year (first day will be June 30, 2012). How was that for a long winded answer?!

M. Mom’s name: My mom has a GREAT name: Rochelle!

N. Nicknames: I go by Beckee though I am actually a Rebecca.  My dad calls me Bekabear (it makes my husband laugh every time) and Ribbon.  Lately though I am usually just called Mom or "So & So's mom".  Sometimes I am Dr J's wife though too...   :)

O. Overnight hospital stays: I think only when I have had my 4 kids.  But I did have surgery as a 4 year old that I may have stayed overnight for...

P. Pet peeve: Slow and bad drivers, when the kids leave the front door open, cleaning, driving through Wyoming...

Q. Quote from a movie: "I'm pretty sure there's a lot more to life than being really, really good looking. And I plan on finding out what that is" (Zoolander)  (My sister in law claims this quote as her own, but I love it so much she has to share...sorry Stef!)

R. Righty or Lefty: Righty...but one of my kids is a lefty, so I am learning to think like a lefty to help him out...

S. Siblings: I am the oldest of 4 kids. (Here is where you all start to think I am crazy). I have a sister, Andrea, and she is about 2 1/2 years younger than I. Next is Melanie and she is 10 years younger than I, and our baby straggler is the sole brother, Spence. He is only 13. I am 19 years and 10 days older than him...I was a Senior in HS when my mom got pregnant and my parents made me go to the store to buy the pregnancy test...funny story I will have to share someday...

T. Time you wake up: Well, I could not sleep last night so I am unsure how to answer that...the whole house was wide awake at 6 am when the garbage truck came by...

U. Underwear: Always the same...

V. Vegetable you dislike: Eggplant...ew! That is all...

W. What makes you run late: Um...I want to blame the kids, but I have to be honest and say I make myself late-usually because I cannot remember where I put my keys...oh and I forget there will be other cars on the road-seriously what is the deal with traffic! :)

X. X-rays you’ve had:  A lot. We have a lot of X-Rays around the house because my husband is a Radiologist and we have had the chance to x-ray random objects for a science fair project, and he has some awesome animal x-rays. We also tend to get relatives sending us a lot of x-rays for him to take a look at...It is kind of interesting to see all of it!

Y. Yummy food you make: I love to cook and used to think I was pretty awesome. Until I got married to Mr Chef! His mom was a chef an d taught him well...I am still a good cook, but no one in the world can throw together something from whatever we have in the pantry and fridge (Iron Chef style) like Wes! WOW!

Z. Zoo animal favorite: Monkeys! I LOVE the baby monkeys especially! SOOOO cute!!!

So, now that you know more than you ever wanted to about me, tell me about you!! If you have a blog-repost this with your answers then comment and let me know where I can go to read all about you. If you do not have a blog, I still want to know all about you-repost this wherever you want-Facebook, on a comment on this post, in and email (beckeesdeals at gmail dot com)!  I LOVE to read about and get to know my blogger and reader friends!! LOVE IT! 




Photobucket

0 comments: