Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Silk for Milk 10-day challenge-who wants to join me?!

I once had a terrible milk experience with a school lunch as a child (I still cannot talk about it and to this day get the chills thinking back). It was gross. After that, I would not drink milk for YEARS-I am talking like 20 years. However, when I got pregnant for the first time with my Salsa, I CRAVED milk like crazy, and have been a milk drinker since then.

I have been a big milk drinker. I still don;t really like it, but I often crave it. After Salsa was born 8+ years ago, fast forward 6 years and 3 more kids. Our little baby girl Cat was just transitioning from nursing to milk and it was not going well to say the least. To make a long story short, we found out she was totally lactose intolerant, and we started our quest for the perfect cow's milk alternative for her.

We found it-she LOVED Silk milk. More specifically, she LOVES Silk Very Vanilla milk. I only gave the Silk Milk to Cat and the rest of the family has stuck to cows milk. Well, I actually also liked the flavor and texture of the Silk milk better than I have ever liked Cow's milk, but I reserved the Silk milk for Cat.

Well, now here we are 2 years later, and through my association as a BzzAgent on Bzzagent.com,
I get the chance to take a challenge from Silk! I get to try the Silk for Milk 10-day challenge!

Here is the 411 on how it all works: It is simple, just replace your milk with Silk for 10 days and see (to quote Silk) "how easy it is to enjoy wholesome, plant-based nutrition".

And guess what?! There are 13 different yummy varieties of Silk, and they are within 3 different kinds of milk: Soy Milk, Almond Milk, and Coconut Milk. I have tried the soy and almond, but have not had the chance to try coconut-I cannot wait!

So, are you excited to try the challenge with me yet?! Go here to the Silk website and read about the challenge! Then (and this is a favorite part for me) click here to sign up for the challenge and to get a COUPON for your first carton of Silk!

I will keep you updated on my challenge here on the blog-I will be starting tomorrow! Anyone starting with me?!


Photobucket

0 comments: