Sunday, June 11, 2017

Updates and final: Beckee's Tony Award predictions!

Show-Score and Audience Rewards got together and set up a way for us to predict the Tony's and I just put in my predictions. Wanna play along with me? Let’s see if we agree about who will win the Tonys! (There is even a prize, maybe we’ll split it: 1,000,000 Audience Rewards® Points!) All you need to do is click this link to play with me. 
BUT FYI, this is who I think WILL win, not who I think SHOULD win...and sometimes I did not pick the favorite. I picked some underdogs....AND just because I love you all, below is my complete list of who the favorites are (based on the highest votes on the predictor quiz above), who I think will win, and who I think should win

***This list is based on the opinions of a girl living across the country who has only seen a handful of these productions live. My opinions are based on seeing those shows, researching the others and reading a lot online, and watching everything I can find online. I am not a Tony Prediction expert, just an opinionated fan***

Here it is: 

Play:
Favorite: Sweat
Who I think will win: Oslo 
Who I think should win: Oslo (from all I have read it was a brilliant production)

Musical:
Favorite: Dear Evan Hansen
Who I think will win: Dear Evan Hansen
Who I think should win: Natasha Pierre and The Great Comet of 1812

Play Revival:
Favorite: The Little Foxes
Who I think will win: Six Degrees of Separation
Who I think should win: Present Laughter (solely because I love Kevin Kline-LOL)

Musical Revival:
Favorite: Hello, Dolly! (though several articles I read today are predicting that Falsettos may take it)
Who I think will win: Hello, Dolly! (which is possibly my least favorite musical of all time)
Who I think should win: Miss Saigon! (It was AMAZING!)

Leading Actor (play):
Favorite: Kevin Kline for Present Laughter
Who I think will win: Jefferson Mays for Oslo
Who I think should win: ? I am not sure on this one..

Leading Actress (play):
Favorite: Laura Linney for Little Foxes
Who I think will win: Laura Linney for Little Foxes (blah)
Who I think should win: Anyone else...(I don't get the obsession with her)

Leading Actor (musical):
Favorite: Ben Platt for Dear Evan Hansen
Who I think will win: Ben Platt for Dear Evan Hansen
Who I think should win: This is a rich category this year-it is hard to say which one should win-frankly I am surprised Ben Platt is SUCH a favorite.

Leading Actress (musical):
Favorite: Bette Midler for Hello, Dolly!
Who I think will win: Bette Midler for Hello, Dolly!
Who I think should win: Hard to say-fame is clearly a factor here-3 uber famous talented women nominated-all three superstars, and 2 newer, less known talents. I saw both of the lesser known ones (Denee Benton in Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet of 1812, and Eva Noblezada in Miss Saigon). Both of their performances were worthy of this award in my opinion...

Featured Actor (play):
Favorite: Danny DeVito in Arthur Miller’s The Price
Who I think will win: Danny DeVito in Arthur Miller’s The Price
Who I think should win: ?

Featured Actress (play):
Favorite: Cynthia Nixon in Lillian Hellman’s The Little Foxes
Who I think will win:  Cynthia Nixon in Lillian Hellman’s The Little Foxes
Who I think should win: ?

Featured Actor (musical):
Favorite:Andrew Rannells in Falsettos 
Who I think will win: Mike Faist in Dear Evan Hansen
Who I think should win: Lucas Steele in Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet of 1812

Featured Actress (musical):
Favorite: Rachel Bay Jones in Dear Evan Hansen
Who I think will win: Jenn Colella in Come From Away
Who I think should win: ?

Book of Musical:
Favorite: Steven Levenson for Dear Evan Hansen
Who I think will win: Dave Malloy for Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet of 1812
Who I think should win: Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet of 1812 or Dear Evan Hansen

Score:
Favorite: Benj Pasek & Justin Paul for Dear Evan Hansen
Who I think will win: Benj Pasek & Justin Paul for Dear Evan Hansen
Who I think should win: Dave Malloy for Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet of 1812

Scenic Design (play):
Favorite: Nigel Hook for The Play That Goes Wrong
Who I think will win: Nigel Hook for The Play That Goes Wrong
Who I think should win: Nigel Hook for The Play That Goes Wrong

Scenic Design (musical):
Favorite: Mimi Lien for Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet of 1812
Who I think will win: Mimi Lien for Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet of 1812
Who I think should win: Mimi Lien for Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet of 1812

Costume Design (play):
Favorite: Jane Greenwood for Lillian Hellman’s The Little Foxes
Who I think will win: Jane Greenwood for Lillian Hellman’s The Little Foxes
Who I think should win: Jane Greenwood for Lillian Hellman’s The Little Foxes

Costume Design (musical):
Favorite: Paloma Young for Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet of 1812
Who I think will win: Paloma Young for Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet of 1812
Who I think should win: Paloma Young for Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet of 1812

Lighting Design (play):
Favorite: Donald Holder for Oslo
Who I think will win: Donald Holder for Oslo
Who I think should win: Donald Holder for Oslo

Lighting Design (musical):
Favorite: Bradley King for Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet of 1812
Who I think will win: Bradley King for Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet of 1812
Who I think should win: Bradley King for Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet of 1812

Direction (play):
Favorite: Daniel Sullivan for Lillian Hellman’s The Little Foxes
Who I think will win: Daniel Sullivan for Lillian Hellman’s The Little Foxes
Who I think should win: ??

Direction (musical):
Favorite: Michael Greif for Dear Evan Hansen
Who I think will win: Michael Greif for Dear Evan Hansen
Who I think should win: Rachel Chavkin for Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet of 1812 (I think it is worth mentioning that Matthew Warchus did an AMAZING job with Groundhog Day The Musical, and I don't think it should be discounted, particularly for this category-also, I hope it wins some sort of effects awards. The staging was AWESOME!)

Choreography:
Favorite: Andy Blankenbuehler for Bandstand
Who I think will win: Sam Pinkleton for Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet of 1812
Who I think should win: Sam Pinkleton for Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet of 1812

Orchestrations:
Favorite: Dave Malloy for Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet of 1812
Who I think will win: Dave Malloy for Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet of 1812
Who I think should win: Dave Malloy for Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet of 1812
Photobucket


0 comments: