Saturday, February 13, 2010

**Walgreens loot this week...

Wow-so I also stopped at 2 different Walgreens today (because I forgot which one I had to go to to pick up my free 8X10 collage). But since I had to go to 2 anyway, I went ahead and got deals at both. Here is what I did:

If you are unfamiliar with Walgreens and their RR (Register Rewards) program, please read my post about Walgreens here.

Right now Dove Body Shop for Men is priced at $5.99 and it prints a $6 RR for use on your next visit, Huggies Jumbo pack diapers are $8.99 and print a $3 RR, and Kotex Tampons 18 packs are 2/$6 with a $3 RR. FYI-I learned today that Kotex & Huggies are the same mother company, so those 2 RR are considered the same thing which only means you should not be able to "roll" them. (That really just means that if you have a Huggues RR and want to buy Kotex using that RR, it will not print a NEW RR for the Kotex.)

So, at Walgreens 1, I did 2 transactions, In the first I bought the Dove wash for $5.99, used a $1.50 off coupon, paid $4.49 and got a $6 RR. In the second Transaction I bought a package of Huggies and 2 $1 treats for teh kids to share. I had a $2 off Huggies coupon, used the $6 RR from the Dove, paid $3.48 and got a $3 RR back.

At Walgreens 2, I bought the Dove again (5.99) with 2 packs of Kotex Tampons($6). Had a coupon for $1.50 off the Dove, and used the $3 RR from the last Huggies transaction (this SHOULD have stopped me from getting the Kotex RR, but for some reason it worked anyway). Total was $8.33 and I got a $6 RR from Dove, and a $3 RR for the Kotex. Transaction 2 I bought 1 package Huggies($8.99), 4 little sale treats for the kids ($2 total), used another $2 off Huggies coupon, and the $6 RR from the Dove. So the total was $3.62 and I got another $3 RR fromt he Huggies.

So, in the end, I paid out of pocket $19.92 and still have $6 in RR for use next time, so it is like I paid $13.92 for 2 Dove Mens body washes, 2 jumbo packs of Huggies Diapers, 2 boxes of Kotex Tampons, 4 small chocolates, and 2 big breadsticks n cheese treats for the kids and of course a lovely picture collage of my kids!



Photobucket

0 comments: