Friday, August 17, 2012

The Future of the Weekend Warrior Feature


Following is my original explaination of what the Weekend Warrior series was intended to be:
As a reminder, I intend for this series of posts to give suggestions of good day trips you can make in and around Omaha with your family. Hopefully it will give some good ideas of things to do close to home for local readers (and for those of you visiting Omaha, it might give you some ideas of what to do while you are here).
The Weekend Warrior Spots I wrote about near Omaha are:
  • The Henry Doorly Zoo here
  • Adventureland in Iowa here
  • Eugene T Mahoney State Park here
  • Shenandoah, Iowa here
  • Lake Zorinsky here
I will probably continue to write about places around Omaha as I think of them, but since I have moved to Scottsdale, AZ now, I will also write about Daycations/Weekend Warrior Spots near here. I have not been to many (really only to Wet N Wild, Tombstone and the first part of the Apache Trail so far), but I have a list of places I want to write about. Here is my goal list:
  • Tombstone
  • Bizbee
  • Apache Trail
  • Tuscon
  • Phoenix Zoo
  • Wet N Wild
  • Sonoran Desert near Tuscon
  • Tonto National Forest (including Three Bar wildlife enclosure)
  • Grand Canyon!
If you have any suggestions of places I should research and add to this list, I WELCOME (cough cough BEG FOR cough cough) suggestions!!!!
Photobucket


0 comments: