Sunday, September 1, 2013

Estate Sale Sunday: Recipe Treasures: Jello Salad

I see Treaures! Today's Recipe Treasure comes from the recipe book of Mrs Lorene Osborn!

I decided to start out with an easy one. It is a Jello Salad. I know I have had Jello salad's like this before but never knew how to make it. So, this recipe may not be new to you, but it was new to me. I made it a couple weeks ago for the first time. Here is the recipe: 

Can you read it? It says:

Jello Salad (Agnis)
  • 1 6oz box Jello, any flavor (Dry)
  • 1 Big cool Whip
  • 1 Small crush pineapple
  • 1 pint cottage cheese
Mix Together-refrigerate.

Now I had to collect ingredients. I was not able to find the exact sizes of things she called for, so I looked up how much a "big cool whip" is and a small crush pineapple, and I measured out those amounts from the ingredients I bought:

Once it was all put together, it looked like this:

The after refrigeration it looked like this:


Then came the real test: did the Johnson's like it? Here we all are trying it:








Here was the reaction. We had 6 thumbs up responses:






AND one hold out that thought it was "OK":

All in all I really liked it and found it was a quick easy salad to make. I have made it a number of times with different Jello flavors since the first batch. I even brought it over to my friend's house for a pot luck-type meal, and I think it was well liked! All in all, it was a great recipe treasure to discover. Our favorite flavors of Jello so far were Black Cherry and Raspberry. If you try this recipe with a different flavor, we would love to know how it turns out!! 

What a great find! What will we try this week?! I guess I better go and start looking through the recipe box...
Photobucket


0 comments: