Thursday, June 10, 2010

Thrifty Thursday: Father's Day

In case you did not read my confession last week here, I am terrible at choosing thrifty creative Father's Day ideas and usually end up buying a terrible tie or a gift certificate.

I asked for help, and got a few recommendations & ideas, but I am happy to keep getting more!!

Here are some of the things you sent me and I have heard about this week:
  • "I am planning on taking pictures of my three kids each holding a letter to spell out DAD and putting into a three frames. they are going to wear black t-shirts and letters are going to be white with their on designs on it. I going try in color and black and white." (From reader NE Cottrells)
  • "Get together with your siblings and get one big gift rather than 6 cheap gifts"  (From Wes, my husband)
  • A friend recommended you make a web page all about your dad for Father's Day. I will note that if you are going to do this, I would use Blogger or WordPress and make a blog rather than trying to use like Wikipedia...we once tried to add my father-in-law to wikipedia and to make a long story short, my sister-in-law was banned from Wikipedia.
  • A few years ago my sister-in-law Ashley and her husband made a gift for Father's Day with a theme-it was "Giving you back all the things your kids have taken from you over the years."  They had things like a wig (my Father in law is bald like my husband), half a cookie, and other funny things. It was creative, memorable and super funny!
  • The same year of the above gift, my sister gave my dad a shadowbox with his Final Four T-Shirt and his tickets to the Final Four in it.  My dad has never, and will never like anything else better!
Obviously these are just a few ideas, and I really need more! So, please share whatever you can think of!

Photobucket

0 comments: